Meet Jeni Hsing
Faculty of Science | BSc in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Areas of Expertise
- REX Program/First Year Opportunities
- Literature Review
- Experimental/Project Design
- Co-Op, NSERC, Worklearn/Paid Experiences
- Contacting Labs/PIs/Profs
- Time Management/Professional Skills
- Research Communication (Presentations/Posters)
- Data Analysis and Technical Research Skills
- Navigating Your Degree
- Effective Studying
Research Experience: 3 years
Basic | Translational | Industry
My name is Jeni and I am in my fourth year as a biochemistry student. I was interested in research as I love learning new things and contributing to learning more about the world. In my free time I like to read, listen to show tunes, and bother my cat!
How did I first get into research?
I initially got into research by cold emailing professors performing research I was interested in. One lab I contacted had already hired a student for that summer but forwarded me to another professor with similar research who then took me on.