Meet Laveniya Kugathasan
Faculty of Science | BSc in Pharmacology
Areas of Expertise
- REX Program/First Year Opportunities
- Literature Review
- Experimental/Project Design
- Co-Op, NSERC, Worklearn/Paid Experiences
- Research Awards
- Contacting Labs/PIs/Profs
- Time Management/Professional Skills
- Research Communication (Presentations/Posters)
- Written Research Communication (Proposals/Manuscripts/Grants)
- Data Analysis and Technical Research Skills
- Data Presentation/Figure Design
- Publication Process
- Design Teams
- Navigating Your Degree
- Effective Studying
Research Experience: 5+ years
Basic | Translational | Clinical | Industry
My name is Laveniya and I am a BSc graduate, having studied Pharmacology! In my spare time, I enjoy hiking new trails and then wrapping up my adventurous day with good food. Feel free to ask me any questions about pharmacology, research in general, or good places to hike nearby!
How did I first get into research?
Upon graduating high school, I applied to work as a research intern at a clinical ophthalmology research lab and have been working closely with the lab for 4+ years now. I also have done industrial pharmaceutical research as well as translational cancer research during my co-op.