Meet Mahta Amanian
Faculty of Science | BSc in Microbiology & Immunology
Areas of Expertise
- Literature Review
- Experimental/Project Design
- Co-Op, NSERC, Worklearn/Paid Experiences
- Research Awards;Contacting Labs/PIs/Profs
- Time Management/Professional Skills
- Research Communication (Presentations/Posters)
- Written Research Communication (Proposals/Manuscripts/Grants)
- Publication Process
- Navigating Your Degree
- Effective Studying
Research Experience: 5+ years
Hi! My name is Mahta and I study Microbiology and Immunology. I developed a deep interest in research during high school and I had the opportunity to get involved with a lab at UBC. By shadowing graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, I was inspired to further pursue research in my undergrad, which is why I also chose the major I am in.
Throughout the years, I have gained many valuable experiences and I look forward to helping more students get involved with research! In my free time, I love listening to music, going to museums, and biking!
How did I first get into research?
I initially got into research by looking at different supervisors in the area I was interested in and reading about what their lab was involved with. From there, I contacted the supervisor to see what opportunities they had available.