Meet Monica Luo
Faculty of Science | BSc in Physics
Areas of Expertise
- REX Program/First Year Opportunities
- Literature Review
- Co-Op, NSERC, Worklearn/Paid Experiences
- Research Awards
- Contacting Labs/PIs/Profs
- Research Communication (Presentations/Posters)
- Written Research Communication (Proposals/Manuscripts/Grants)
- Data Analysis and Technical Research Skills
- Data Presentation/Figure Design
- Publication Process
- Navigating Your Degree
- Effective Studying
Research Experience: 2 years
Hi! I’m Monica, and I’m in my third year of honours Physics. I’ve been involved in research since first year. I participated in the REX program and worked over the summers at TRIUMF and received several research awards. A fun fact about me is that I enjoy true crime/crime drama shows and horror movies.
How did I first get into research?
I initially got into research by contacting professors when I was in grade 12 and asking about volunteer research positions. Eventually, I was accepted by a professor and worked on a research project involving protein aggregation.