Meet Sophia Ly
Faculty of Science | BSc in Honours Cellular, Anatomical & Physiological Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Literature Review
- Experimental/Project Design
- Co-Op, NSERC, Worklearn/Paid Experiences
- Research Awards
- Contacting Labs/PIs/Profs
- Time Management/Professional Skills
- Research Communication (Presentations/Posters)
- Written Research Communication (Proposals/Manuscripts/Grants)
- Data Analysis and Technical Research Skills
- Data Presentation/Figure Design
- Publication Process
Research Experience: 5+ years
Basic | Translational | Clinical
Identification and Evaluation of Controlled Trials in Pediatric Cardiology: Crowdsourced Scoping Review and Creation of Accessible Searchable Database (2020)
Systematic evaluation of isoform function in literature reports of alternative splicing (2018)
A subset of extracellular vesicles carries the bulk of microRNAs in commercial dairy cow’s milk (2017)
TWEAK Negatively Regulates Human Dicer (2016)
My name is Sophia and I’m a UBC medical student with research experience in biochemistry, genetics, biostatistics, and digital medicine. I’m here to give advice if you’d like to talk getting-into-research or to be a second set of eyes if you’re looking for bit of feedback on a research-something-something.
How did I first get into research?
I got into research by cold-emailing professors whose work interested me.