The SUS X URO Award application is now open!
DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
SUS X URO AWARD
The SUS X URO Award aims to recognize undergraduate science researchers who are pursuing a research career and have made excellent contributions to the research community. Any undergraduate student studying in the University of British Columbia under the Faculty of Science is eligible to apply. We are giving three awards in total; each is worth $500.00.
1. Please complete the SUSXURO-Grant-Student-Application ( ← click to download)
2. Email the application together with your one-page resume in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Tips for Applicants
For the award application:
- If you are over than 25 words in the summary, there will be severe consequences – please ensure it is 25 words or less! (We are looking for your ability to concisely describe your research; 25 words is a maximum but an excellent description can still be done in less);
- We are weighing the “independence” section of the questions more heavily – try to ensure the details you do include clearly demonstrate your independence as a researcher if possible;
- If you are hoping to do research in the future, please state this explicitly and use specific examples for how your undergraduate extracurricular and course work is related to this future goal;
- We love to see applicants show passion for their work! We aren’t looking for cookie-cutter answers; we want to see genuine interest in both the experiences you had and the way you describe them and yourself.
For the resume:
- CLEARLY follow instructions; failure to do so will result in severe consequences (ie. Ensure your resume is one page and no longer!);
- Be descriptive in your resume; show your passion and interests;
- For positions you’ve had in the past, ensure that you type out both the number of hours (approximately) and the duration of time (i.e. Jan – April 2017).